The reservation made for you constitutes an agreement between you and those who travel with you or on your behalf (the Customer) and See Wales Tours (SWT).
(To include Cardiff On Foot from April 2016 - COF)
SWT accepts your booking under the following terms and conditions:
1. Reservations must be confirmed by SWT by telephone or email. When a reservation number is issued and payment received (full payment, except from 'on list' agents) this will constitute a confirmation of the reservation.
2. Valid credit or debit card details for the total cost of the reservation must be given to SWT at time of booking. Full payment will be taken promptly thereafter. Exceptions to this are:
2a. Full payment can be deferred (upon written or verbal request) at time of booking or within 24 hours of receiving the initial confirmation and only if the reservation is for tour(s) in advance of 21 days from the time of booking. In all such cases a 20% non-refundable payment will be taken immediately with the remaining amount payable within 21 days of the first tour date.
Group tours (i.e. 8+ people or total value of +£5,000) = 10% non-refundable deposit with the outstanding balance payable within 28 days of the first tour date.
2b. Cash payments are accepted on request only. Although valid credit or debit card details must be given at the time of booking to secure your reservation. Cash payments (GBP) for all tours will be accepted by the SWT representative on the departure of the first tour.
2c. Agents ('on list agents') bookings - no deposit is normally required but these 'terms & conditions' are generally set out as above with individual variations.
3. SWT reserves the right to cancel any tour at any time at its own discretion. In such cases the limit of the SWT's liability to the Customer is the return of all monies paid. (Not applicable to group tours)
4. SWT reserves the right to cancel any tour at any time if insufficient numbers are booked on any tour (usually a minimum of 6 adults or equivalent). In such cases the limit of the SWT's liability to the Customer is the return of all monies paid. As much prior notice as possible will be given but it may be as late as the day before the scheduled tour.
5.i. Where the Customer cancels a reservation the effective date of cancellation will be the date SWT receives written (including email) or verbal notification. If a deposit has been made and stated as 'non-refundable', this shall apply.
The total cancellation charge shall be payable (shown below as a percentage of the total cost) by the Customer, as detailed below, and in addition to the charges outlined in 5.ii.
All refunds, where applicable, will be processed within 28 days of the initial cancellation notification.
5a. For a cancellation received more than 14 days before first tour departure - 20% charge (non-refundable deposit)
5b. For a cancellation received less than 14 days but more than 7 days before the first tour departure – 50% charge.
5c. For a cancellation received less than 7 days before the tour departure - 100% charge. No refund.
5.ii. Administration costs for work to date, third-party cancellation fees and all banking charges for completing a refund will be deducted from the final refund amount.
5.iii. Any refunded payments will follow the 'route in'. e.g. PayPal payments will return as refunds via PayPal.
5.iv. Any unclaimed payments that are returned to us and then requested again by the customer shall be subject of a 20% charge deducted from the refund amount.
6. For any 'no shows', where the Customer or any of the Customer's party does not show up for a departure, a 100% charge will apply. Tickets are not transferable to any other tour if you miss your scheduled tour.
7. SWT will not accept a refund request from the Customer for any 'no show' as a result of any travel changes (arranged by the Customer) that affect the Customer's arrival onto the start of the tour.
8. While SWT will do everything reasonably possible to provide the tour itinerary as planned, SWT reserves the right to alter itineraries and change transport type for whatever reason. 'Like for like' will apply to any itinerary changes where possible.
9. SWT may forward reservations to another tour company with as much prior notice as possible. Comparable itinerary and transport will be offered. Cancellation by the customer for a 'like for like' tour will be at SWT's discretion.
10. Every passenger must be seated. The total number of passengers who will join the tour regardless of age must be booked and confirmed by SWT. All infants and children under 1.35m must be seated appropriately in a secure car/booster seat. (A maximum of 1 infant is usually accepted per tour). In the event of any booking where a child/infant has not be included in the reservation SWT may not accept the Customer if the tour is fully booked or no appropriate car seat is used or supplied. SWT will not be laible to refund any of the Customer's party who does not travel.
11. Every passenger must be able to board a passenger carrying vehicle (coach or minibus) without any assistance from the driver or guide. We are unable to accept anyone who has mobility issues that prevent them from accessing and exiting the tour vehicle.
12. SWT may not accept any person under the age of 18 years unless accompanied by an adult (over 18yrs). A maximum number of 8 persons under the age of 18 years for every adult, in a group booking, is acceptable.
13. SWT reserves the right to refuse passage to any person, at the commencement and during the tour, whose conduct or manner is or likely to cause offence, upset or incovenience to other passengers during the tour.
14. SWT will not accept or have any liability for any acts or omissions, whether negligent or otherwise, of any supplier or person providing services in connection with any tour unless such a person is employed by or under the direct control of the Company.
15. The consumption or carry of any illegal drugs (as by UK law) or consumption of alcohol to excess by the Customer will not be tolerated and will result in the possible abandonment from the tour. SWT will have no responsibility for compensation or liability thereafter.
16. Luggage space is limited to one carry-on bag per person. All luggage and personal items are carried free of charge but at the passenger's own risk. Any passenger who has more than a small carry-on bag (e.g. child 'buggy') must check with SWT at least 3 days before departure to check if additional space is available.
17. SWT recommends that the Customer arrange suitable insurance cover for all members of the Customer's group for travel, luggage, medical and cancellation cover for all tour dates.
18. Smoking is not permitted on any SWT vehicle.
19. SWT does not include admissions to attractions and other venues in the ticket price for the scheduled day tours. All admissions will be payable by the customer at point of entry to the attraction.
20. Attractions visited on tours may be subject to delays or closure without prior notice to SWT. Every effort will be made to change the itinerary but SWT will not accept compensation requests for third party suppliers changes.
21. Images (still & movie) and reports (on facebook, twitter and other media) of/about you from the tours may be used in our marketing. Please let us know if you or any member of your party does not wish to be featured.
22. Force Majeure: SWT does not accept any liability for any loss, inconvenience or damage caused by war, threat of war, riot or civil commotion, terrorist or criminal activity, industrial disputes, natural disasters, fires, sickness, weather conditions, road or traffic conditions, temporary technical, mechanical or electrical breakdown within booked accommodation or transport, or other events beyond the control of SWT.
23. Jurisdiction: These conditions shall be construed and interpreted in accordance within the Law of England and Wales. The representatives of the respective parties each submit to the jurisdiction of the relevant Courts.